How Brands Can Improve Customer Acquisition with Facebook Lead Ads
When it comes to capturing new business leads, it can be overwhelming to know where to start. However, many advertisers are turning to Facebook lead ads to capture potential customers who are interested in what their business offers.
Like other Facebook ads, lead ads can appear on a user’s desktop or mobile News Feed and can feature an image, carousel, or video. Similarly, the native ad format provides a seamless experience for potential customers: When users click on a lead ad, they are prompted with a form that is conveniently pre-populated with information they already shared with Facebook – name, zip code, email, etc.
Even though all lead ads have the same final objective, the lead form is not one-size-fits-all. Advertisers across multiple verticals can take advantage of lead ads in different ways. For instance:
- Publishers can build an email list for an external newsletter
- An automaker can encourage users to schedule test drives or dealership visits
- Retailers can share offers or coupons
While more traditional forms of lead generation may feel like a shot in the dark, lead ads accompanied with Facebook targeting allow advertisers to reach the people most likely to be interested in their message and submit their information.
Lead Ad Success Stories
After one of Adaptly’s education clients added lead ads to its social media strategy, the brand received more than 600 new lead submissions for potential students across multiple campuses and gained insight into the specific programs they were interested in.
When another client, a large retailer, saw little success collecting new leads from a website landing page, the company turned to Facebook lead ads. Ultimately, the client reported that the leads generated from Facebook were higher quality and more in line with its target demographic.
Want to acquire customers through a lead ad campaign? Here are a few tips to keep in mind when planning:
- Lead ads are a powerful solution but can be stronger when paired with a supporting campaign objective like brand awareness. This ideal match allows you to grow your brand presence while simultaneously acquiring new business leads.
- Take advantage of pre-populated fields. The less information a user has to fill out, the better.
- Give your audience a reason to care and ensure leads are high quality by using a context card, which provides more details on the information users will receive. This appears after users click on your call-to-action and before they are prompted with the lead form.
- Go cross-channel by testing your lead ads on Facebook and Instagram.
- Don’t let your leads collect dust. Download them in real-time or sync them with a customer relationship management (CRM) solution.